Teddy had been to Cascade Springs before but I hadn't. It is very beautiful.
It was a beautiful day to be out in the sun and enjoying nature.
The leaves were changing to their brilliant colors for the fall.
After Cascade springs we started to drive down Provo canyon and then headed through Heber to Park City where we had lunch. We ate at a restaurant called Good Thymes, they have amazing banana cream pie.
Then we drove back to Salt Lake to check into the Anniversary Inn. We stayed in the Treasure Island room and while we waited until it was time to go to dinner, we watched Muppet's Treasure Island. Cheesy...yes! But it totally fit the room. I'll go into more about the room later. We then went to dinner at The Five Alls. We had heard about this restaurant but neither of us had ever been there. It has a very cool Old English feel to it and they serve 5 courses. It is pretty expensive which is why we chose to go there for a special occasion. Check out their website at http://fivealls.com/
This is a picture from just inside the entrance to the restaurant.
Now back to our stay in the Treasure Island Room. The whole room is a ship. Here we have Captain Teddy.
I went straight for the treasure.
I also tried to climb the rigging.
Here is a picture of Ted sitting on the Starboard side of the bow. The seagulls were awesome.
But then he started to lose his balance.
And plummeted head first into the water.
This is him after he got back on board. He was very wet.
Thanks Teddy for a wonderful first year of marriage. Thank you for making me laugh and putting up with my quirkiness. Thanks for all your planning to make our first anniversary memorable. I love you so much.
9 comments:
Steph, welcome to the blogging world! Happy 1 year anniversary!
Congrats on your 1st anniversary. Looks like you had a really fun weekend.
Happy Anniversary!!! That's awesome Teddy went overboard for ya :)!
That restaurant looks yummy! What did you eat? Doug and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary in a couple of months I keep debating what to do. Maybe we should try out the The Five Alls. I am glad you are enjoying marriage and blogging!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!!! I've heard Mom and JT talk about Five Alls--was it good?
Happy Anniversary!
Wow I can not believe you guys have already been married for a year. That year flew by. I am so glad you found my blog now we can keep in touch better. Miss you girl!!
I was expecting a new post with pictures of your trip to Colorado.
You guys are funny, and cute!
Post a Comment