Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The reason I don't have a Christmas post.

I've been reading all of our friends and family Christmas and New Year's posts and I'm glad everyone had happy holidays. This year I got a horrible cough/cold sometime during the second week of December and spent most of the month in bed. I'm not over it yet, but I am trying to go to work and stuff again. The doctor said that because I am pregnant sometimes a cough can just seem to linger forever. Everything is still fine with the baby even though I lost 10 pounds between my first and second OB/GYN appointments. My Christmas decorations never really got put up. But now there is a lot less to take down. So that is a plus. Our Christmas cards never got written or sent so we'll have to do that better next year. Teddy was a good sport and made the desserts that were needed for my family Christmas parties and went to the parties by himself.

I was a consistently good couch potato for the month of December. (If you ever want a review of any Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel or ABC Family I think I saw every movie multiple times). I also know when all reruns of Extreme Home Makeover play. I'm a little nervous about this baby coming after watching a few too many episodes of The Nanny. I hate everything in my closet (that fits me anyway) because of watching too many episodes of What Not To Wear. And I am thrilled that I'm only expecting one child after watching Jon and Kate plus 8.

My house needs a desperate deep clean, and I have weeks of laundry to catch up on. My Mom came over a few times during the month to help out with some of the laundry and cleaned up my kitchen. I think my only New Year's resolution is to get my house clean and semi organized.

Now that I am slowly starting to feel better I'm more optimistic about the new year and hope every one's 2009 is a great year.

7 comments:

Amy said...

It is absolutely NO fun to be sick over the holidays! I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Elisha said...

Is there anything I can help you with? I know I don't have the most awesome schedule, but I could easily plan an hour or two somewhere in the week to come and help out.

Taylor Thompson said...

Isn't Jon & Kate Plus 8 the best? I love it!!! Watching lots of t.v. is the only good thing about being sick...but after being sick for so long, I bet you hate watching t.v.!

Kira said...

Welcome to pregnancy :) I think awful things happen to prepare you for the big work load coming. I am glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely the worst when you're pregnant and sick. Sorry you weren't feeling well...but isn't Jon & Kate plus 8 the BEST show! SHe is absolutely AMAZING!

Erin Bingham said...

I am glad you are starting to feel better. I don't envy your pregnancy sickness. Yuck!! All I can say, is I know how you feel, and it is not fun.

Annalea said...

Hi Steph, Ted's cousin here. :o) I completely understand . . . so much so that I don't have a Christmas post, either. (Much to the dismay of my kids' grandparents!)

Luckily, there isn't an expiration date on digital photos, so you and I can still blog Christmas when we can manage it.

Feel better soon!